We’re entering the second half of the MLB season, and the dog days of summer are upon us. Division races are heating up and teams have already begun to show signs of getting hot. However, we’re going to take look at the odds and find the contenders among the many pretenders.
Odds to Make the MLB Playoffs
Here are the odds for every team to make or miss the MLB playoffs in 2022, per DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Yes +4000, No -20000
- Atlanta Braves: Yes -2500, No +1500
- Baltimore Orioles: Yes +1500, No -5000
- Boston Red Sox: Yes -115, No -105
- Chicago Cubs: Yes +5000, No -20000
- Chicago White Sox: Yes -140, No +115
- Cincinnati Reds: Yes +1500, No -5000
- Cleveland Guardians: Yes +220, No -280
- Colorado Rockies: Yes +5000, No -20000
- Detroit Tigers: Yes +5000, No -20000
- Houston Astros: Yes -20000, Yes +3000
- Kansas City Royals: Yes +4000, No -20000
- Los Angeles Angels: Yes +2200, No -5000
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Yes -20000, Yes +50000
- Miami Marlins: Yes +1300, No -2000
- Milwaukee Brewers: Yes -390, Yes +290
- Minnesota Twins: Yes -105, No -115
- New York Mets: Yes -20000, Yes +5000
- New York Yankees: Yes -20000, Yes +5000
- Oakland Athletics: Yes +1100, No -5000
- Philadelphia Phillies: Yes -115, Yes -105
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Yes +1800, No -10000
- St. Louis Cardinals: Yes -140, No +110
- San Diego Padres: Yes -400, No +300
- San Francisco Giants: Yes +135, No -165
- Seattle Mariners: Yes +475, No -650
- Tampa Bay Rays: Yes -225, No +180
- Texas Rangers: Yes +2500, No -10000
- Toronto Blue Jays: Yes -500, No +370
- Washington Nationals: Yes +1800, No -10000
Why are the Yankees the Heaviest Favorite to Make the Playoffs?
The New York Yankees have been the best team in baseball this season. They’ll enter the second half with the best record in baseball and an insane run differential of +199. They already have built a double-digit lead in the AL East, which may be insurmountable in the second half.
Teams with Value to Make the Playoffs
Baltimore Orioles (+1500)
This line has incredible value as the Orioles are set to begin the second half just one game out of a Wild Card spot. They have been rolling since June and have a young core that could propel them to their first playoff appearance since 2016.
Seattle Mariners (+475)
Seattle is the hottest team in baseball to begin the second half. They finished the first half by winning 14 straight games. That hot streak put them into the playoff picture. Rookie superstar Julio Rodríguez kept the momentum going as he put on a show during the HR Derby. He will look to lead the Mariners to their first playoff appearance since 2001.
How to Bet on MLB Playoff odds
Step 1: Set up a sports betting account
Setting up a sportsbook account is a simple process, and it would be wise to do so on as many as possible. All they need is some basic information, and then you'll be ready to place your first wager in no time. It is essential to have multiple accounts to shop for odds and take advantage of all the free money books like to hand out to new users.
Step 2: Deposit money into your account
Essentially every book will have some kind of deposit bonus for you after you sign up. So be sure to weigh your options once your account is made.
Step 3: Make an MLB Playoff Futures Bet
As I alluded to earlier, these odds are drastically different from team to team and depending on your opinion of each team there could be tremendous value. For example, if you also like the Detroit Tigers to make a run at the Wild Card, a $100 bet would net you $450 come October.